Saturday, June 24, 2006

University of Queensland

On Thursday night I had dinner with Keith Webster who has just started as Director of Libraries and Learning at the University of Queensland, Brisbane. He used to be Librarian at Wellington University in New Zealand, but I know him from before that when he was in the UK and we were both heavily involved in the Institute of Information Scientists. Therefore there was a little bit of nostalgia (especially as the IIS got swallowed up in a merger with the Library Association to form CILIP) but also more recent catching up. Like the other universities in Bribane, there is a good deal of information literacy activity at UQ. As a web link I'll give you their "How to" guides page: http://www.library.uq.edu.au/useit/index.html
I'm blogging at the moment from a dial-up connection in my aunt's in Port Julia, South Australia - it's a lovely place, but gosh, dial up seems slow, I'd forgotten!

Photo by Sheila Webber: Noisy Miner bird on a Bird of Paradise flower, Brisbane, June 2006.

No comments: