Thursday, July 17, 2014

My forthcoming talks

A bit of shameless self promotion: I have added a page on this blog (see tabs above) with information about my upcoming presentations. So, I might as well publicise the ones for July and August here! I am also speaking at several events in September and October.

22 July 2014: Ifutures Conference (a conference organised for PhD students, by our PhD students), here at Sheffield University, UK. I'm giving a Workshop on Disseminating your Research to Maximise Impact (mostly talking about using social media etc.: I'll post the slides to Slideshare shortly)

15 August 2014: IFLA Information Literacy Section Satellite conference: Facing the Future: Librarians and Information Literacy in a Changing Landscape, Limerick, Ireland. Together with Bill Johnston and Dr Shahd Salha I am presenting a round table on The Active Citizen in a Changing Information Landscape

18 August 2014: World Library and Information Conference, Lyon, France. I am giving a short "IGNITE" presentation at the Section for Education and Training session, entitled LIS Education in 2050: How, Not What

27 August 2014. Report from the IFLA conference, in the virtual world Second Life.

No comments: