Sunday, October 25, 2015

Closing session at #ecil2015

Back in the UK now, and I'm catching up with the European Conference on Information Literacy 2015 that took place in the past week. In the closing session, they gave some facts and figures about the conference: there were 195 contributions from 50 countries, and 361 delegates. The top countries for participation were: 55 from Finland, 32 from Estonia, 26 from USA, 21 from both Norway and the UK, 15 Sweden, 13 from both Germany and the Netherlands, 12 from the Czech Republic and Croatia, 11 from Australia. You can see a Google map with the delegates marked on the map. The next venue (for ECIL 2016) was also announced: Prague, Czech Republic. I had been asked to act as raporteur for the conference, and I gave a short presentation (in the closing session) of what I saw as key points about the conference: I've embedded it below.
I've still got to post the first presentation I contributed to, and a couple of other posts that I only half-finished whilst I was there.


No comments: